Friday, May 23, 2014

It's the simple things

We have a washer and a dryer. In our house.

It is simply wonderful! I haven't even washed any clothes in them yet, and I'm already in love with them! Does having feelings for clothe-cleaning machines seem silly? Well, if so, then I know you've never had to use a laundromat. You've never had to plan out your wardrobe for the week to ensure that you have the needed attire for a specific event before taking a trip to that laundromat. You've never had to wrap your dogs bed in several layers of plastic bags to keep any smell of urine from seeping out before you have a chance to venture to the west side of town to wash it. You never had the privilege of carting all of your baskets down the stairs and out to the car knowing that whatever you do, no matter how deep you bury them, a pair of your panties are just destined to fall out on the sidewalk as strangers walk by. You've never had to set aside three hours in your week just to do a few loads of laundry. 

That is what we have been doing for the last year or so. Now, I know, that I am not the only one who has lived like this. So those of you who understand, celebrate with me! For those of you who don't, just smile and pretend like you know what I'm talking about. 

So, let me restate that. 

We have a washer and a dryer. IN OUR HOUSE! 

Where I can use them. WHENEVER I WANT! 

It is pretty amazing. ((and a total blessing!!!))

No comments:

Post a Comment