Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wishing you joy & peace



"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace 
because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope 
through the power of the Holy Spirit."
-Romans 15:13 NLT

I've really been clinging to this verse over the last few weeks. Seriously, I'm talking gripping for dear life as though hanging on the side of a cliff by my fingertips kind of clinging. 

It's just been that kind of season in our lives. A season of cliff hanging and clinging. 

But I'm so thankful that I have such firm truth to cling to. 

And I've found that as I cling, even when I feel as though I can't trust anymore, He provides the power and the strength. And with His strength comes the hope, joy, and the deep peace I so desperately need. 

So sure, maybe I am hanging off the side of that cliff by my fingertips. 

But His wonderful hands are reaching down from Heaven to firmly grasp my arms and give me the help I need to climb back up. 

He won't let me fall. 

Maybe you find yourself in a similar season? Start clinging, man. Grab ahold of God's truth and don't let it go. He won't let you fall either. 

In the meantime, I pray that God would completely fill you with joy and peace and that you would begin to overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

What verses have you clung to during different seasons of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment