Saturday, July 16, 2016

My American Soldier


Warning: upcoming is one sappy post about one amazing husband.
If you have a strong gag reflex, keep a trash can handy.


The Soldier's Creed: 

I am an American Soldier.
I am a warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient 
in my warrior tasks and drills. 
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy 
the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier. 

Adam graduated from Army bootcamp yesterday. He is officially an American soldier. 
I had the opportunity to listen to him and 194 other men and women repeat this creed at the ceremony. It quite literally gave me chills. 

I am so unbelievable proud of this man. He has always amazed me with his strength of mind, body, and character. And his determination in this dream has only solidified my faith in him further.  He is an incredible husband; loving me, providing for our family and following God's call on his life all at the same time. I know he'll do all he can to be the best soldier possible because that's just how he operates - with excellence. 

He's proved time and again that defeat is unacceptable. Quitting? Not an option. He truly is a warrior, a servant, and a guardian of our way of life. He embodies the values the army holds dear - loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.
 He is an American Soldier. 
Now he just has the uniform to attest to it. 

And gosh darn it, he does look good in that uniform! 

Babe, I love you. I am so proud of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment