Saturday, August 9, 2014

A full house and heart

They left for home today. My house will no longer be full to the brim, busting at the seems. It is back to being just us, a small family of two. For goodness sakes, we are even missing our dog. Now don't think I'm discontent with my little family, because I am perfectly content. I truly enjoy us. But it was nice having some more bodies around for a bit, especially ones that we love so dearly.

You see, our wonderful families have been in town for the past two weeks. It began with a visit from Adam's family. We enjoyed a long weekend chatting, eating, and "sight-seeing" around Watertown with his parents, grandparents, and brother.

Then, once they left, we had only a day to wait until more family arrived. My parents and brother came in to stay for the week, and what a great week we had! We were able to spend a few days on the western side of South Dakota. That meant getting to visit Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower,  and driving through the Badlands and the Needles Highway. Now we were really only there for a day and a half, so we truly accomplished quite a bit. Oh, and we got to stop by and see some of the craziness in Sturgis with the Sturgis Bike Rally. Seriously, I've never seen so many motorcycles in my entire life. But it was wonderful! I'm so happy they decided to take their vacation to come see us.
I loved being able to share a bit of our lives here in South Dakota with them! We got to introduce them to our church family and show them just how much we love our jobs.

Adam and I are truly blessed. While we miss our families every day, we know that we are where we are supposed to be. And that, my friends, is wonderful to know. I may miss my family a little bit more now, but I know they are only a phone call or two flights away. And knowing that they are happy to see us flourishing and enjoying ourselves within God's calling is just pure bliss.

Now my house is quiet, and recovering from a constant flow of feet. It's just us again.

I miss them, but it won't be long until we are all together again.






No comments:

Post a Comment