Monday, June 1, 2015

June Goals

A Waking Adventure
June.

Sunny days, dog walks, gardening, bike riding, ice cream eating, swimming, beach days, camping trips, barbecue, traveling, grilling, and bon fires. June is a great time of year.

I'm already looking forward to evenings spent in my backyard and weekend adventures.

Adam and I have an anniversary camping trip planned for next weekend and I cannot wait!

I've also got some goals on my mind for this wonderful month.

  • Say "hello" to one new person each day. God's been continually stirring my heart lately about entering into community here, where I am. He's been challenging me in so many ways to step out of where I'm comfortable and to really begin to bring His love to those around me. Saturday I was listening to the Around the Table podcast and they were talking about things we should say more often. Saying "hello" was one. And I thought that would be an excellent way to begin to intentionally step into my community. Given my shy, introverted nature this will certainly be a challenge, but I'm really looking forward to it! And hey, listen to the podcast - it's excellent!

  • Invite friends or students over at least one night each week for the purpose of sharing our lives. This goals stems from the same reasoning as the last. I really want to make a habit of being purposeful in building community with the people I surround myself with. I don't want my life to be hidden or secret, I want to intentionally share it. I want my home to be a place where others can find peace, insight, and most of all, God's love. 

  • Plan at least five meals each week. This has been a goal before and will continue to be. I want to eat healthier and more consistently. 

  • Work out three times a week. Even if it just means riding my bike around town, I need to get out and be more active. And I'll probably count our weekly game of ultimate frisbee as a workout session - so. much. running. 

What are you planning for June? Have any goals set?

No comments:

Post a Comment